The Merrimack Valley Food Bank relies upon the generous donations of individuals and groups in the business, faith-based and academic sectors to keep the food supply at a level that can help our member agencies serve their guests. Here are some of the ways we count on your support:
- We receive support of all types of funds and amounts, ranging from foundations and corporate sponsors to individual donations. Many companies will match gifts made by employees. (Contact your human resources manager for details.)
- In kind donations of food products, equipment and professional expertise are also valuable.
- We conduct annual fundraising events such as our Grape Expectations Wine Tasting Extravaganza in the spring and our Annual Golf Scramble & Awards Dinner in the fall.
- Food Drives provide non-perishable food like peanut butter, pasta, tuna fish, canned fruit and vegetables and personal care items.
- Food Company donations are usually in large quantities, and in some cases fill one of our large refrigerated trucks. We can safely transport and store refrigerated and frozen items on behalf of our member agencies, who may not have the resources to collect the volume of food in some of these donations. These donations come from supermarkets, manufacturers, and distributors.
- Gardeners and Farmers donate fresh produce that is needed for a nutritious diet.
Every amount helps. Thank you!
- $500 provides 1,500 meals
- $250 provides 750 meals
- $100 provides 300 meals
- $50 provides 150 meals
- $25 provides 75 meals